Script Reading & Development Q&A
Session via Zoom.
A semi-regular 2½ hour session, on Zoom, which I organise on demand. If you’re interested, or have any queries, please get in touch at email@example.com.
NB The October 30th course is now fully booked.
This is for a group of 8 (max) people who either already work in, or have an interest in working in, script reading, script development or script editing.
I answer any questions you have about any aspects of the industry – whether that’s how to write the best script reports, what skills you need to work in script development or where and how to find work in the world of scripted TV and film.
Coming on the session will also entitle you to join the closed Facebook group exclusively for those who have attended these sessions – where we share industry opportunities, tips and knowledge and continue the dialogue from the session.
What sort of things do we cover?
Some of the questions /topics we have touched on in the 2 sessions so far:
- CVs – what makes a CV stand out?
- What elements need to be included in script reports? What do the best script reports have in common?
- Who employs script readers? How can I find work as a script reader?
- How do I make the step from script reader to script editor / development executive?
- What training is there for script readers / script editors?
- What are the key skills that make a good script editor?
- What might different career trajectories look like for a budding script editor?
- Is it helpful to be a writer to get into script development?
A big part of the purpose of these sessions is also to introduce you to a group of like-minded people with similar ambitions and interests so that, going forward, you can share information and experiences with each other, build up your all-important network of industry contacts.